Hyperhidrosis means excessive sweating. Excessive sweating can interfere with your everyday activities. For example:
- Excessive sweating on the armpits can be embarrassing when it causes stains or wet patches when at important meetings or events
- Excessive sweating on the palms can smudge handwriting and make it slippery to hold some objects.
- Excessive sweating on the soles of the feet can make them smelly and increase the risk of certain infections.
If you suffer from excessive sweating, our doctors can assess your skin and make an appropriate treatment plan. Treatments may include:
- Injections for armpits, performed 3 times per year for continuous protection
- Iontophoresis treatments (passing a gentle electrical current into the palms or soles that are being soaked in a water bath)
- Tablet treatments